EDUCATION UNIVERSITY OF KANSAS Lawrence, KS
Doctor of Pharmacy—Class of 2002
Achievements and Activities
• Pharmacy class president, August 1998 to May 1999
• Student member, Dean’s Review Committee, Spring 2000
EXPERIENCE Olathe Medical Center, Inc Olathe, KS
Pharmacy IS Coordinator May 2002 – October 2003, September 2005 – Present
• Developing and implementing a conversion plan for Cerner Millenium PharmNet for the medical center. This includes converting data from the old system, testing the new system, training the pharmacy staff and working with other members of the Cerner Build team.
• Current duties include using custom CCL to write reports for the pharmacy staff and other hospital departments, develop and implement daily Powervision reports, customize existing and develop new ADE rules and alerts, continue to monitor and update the system as necessary.
• Maintain a working 12 week schedule for all non-pharmacist employees of the hospital pharmacy. This includes 14 students, 8 technicians and 3 volunteers.
• Designed and built a CBT (Computer Based Training) module for the Medical Staff to use for Cerner Millenium Powerchart training.
• Maintain all software systems that are run in the pharmacy including Pyxis, Talyst and Cerner. Responsible for maintaining these systems and troubleshooting them on a daily basis and with every upgrade.
• Participate in daily Pharmacy IS issues and provided input into Pharmacy related IS purchases.
• Outside of pharmacy – Responsible for all complex custom CCL report writing and Discern Rules building. Designed and coded the entire Medication Reconciliation process and the reports used. Work closely with the other members of the Cerner team to facilitate custom coding within all areas of the Cerner domain. Designed and coded a Kardex Genview used by nursing.
CERNER Kansas City, MO
Solution Architect September 2004 – September 2005
• Participated in the design and built of a nationwide health ministry roll-out for PharmNet that includes to date six different locations with a total of 18 facilities.
• Was responsible for domain build activities, client visits and training, custom CCL report writing, rules build, Cerner medication process build, and all other aspects of a PharmNet build.
• Participated on a National Medication Process committee to facility the clients making national decisions standard across all facilities. This committee met once a month for several months to make decisions that impacted the project as a whole.
• Was able to add many valuable skins to my Cerner skill set including charge services, orders, and documentation management.
Healthcare Performance Group, Inc. Lenexa, KS
Senior PharmNet Consultant October 2003 – September 2004
• Assisted in design and build decisions for Cerner PharmNet implementations, from formulary building and testing, batch fill build, remote dispensing decisions and testing.
• Used personal experience and knowledge of the Cerner system to avoid set-backs and help the build process move forward smoothly.
SKILLS Cerner Skills
PharmNet Design and Build on release M2002.02 and higher.
Experience with both the old and new formulary models
Visual Explore, CCLr
Discern Expert (Rules)
Data Models for the following applications: PharmNet, RadNet, PathNet, CareNet, FirstNet, Orders, Powerchart and FSI
All versions of Windows Operating Systems
All version of Microsoft Office
Self-taught Access DBA